We’re running a Global Primary Storytelling and Global Secondary Presentation Competitions for our young learner students this semester.
What are the benefits to my child?
This competition will help your child:
- Build skills in online presenting and video storytelling
- Explore their creativity and imagination
- Develop their public speaking confidence
- Win prizes!
What does my child have to do?
- Primary 1 to 5 children should record a 4-minute video of them telling a story related to Singapore
- Primary 6 to Junior College students should record a 4-minute video of them giving a presentation on something they’re passionate about.
- The deadline for submission is Sunday 22 November.
- Shortlisted students will have the opportunity to compete in live online national and global finals via Zoom.
How can my child prepare for this?
- We will be running free online myClub Explorer sessions to help Primary 1 to 5 learners develop the skills needed for the competition. To sign up for these click here.
- Primary 6 and Secondary students will complete 1 or 2 presentation skills lessons in class in November to support them with their presentations.
How do I submit my child’s entry?
- Your child records their 4-minute video
- Make sure it is in a readable format e.g. MP4.
- Save it in a shareable folder on Google Drive, OneDrive, iCloud or Dropbox, etc.
- Name the video and the folder with your child’s name, British Council level and teacher, e.g. Alexandra Wilson P4 Teacher Gemma
- For support on how to do this, please see the 'Google Drive Guide' saved here.
- Complete the submission form and consent form here. A typed signature is acceptable. If you prefer to complete the form by hand, you can find it here.