Covid-19 Update (25 April 2022):
British Council Singapore is implementing revised safe management measures that are in line with the Singapore government advisory to ensure the health and safety of all test takers, staff, and community at large. Our exam sessions will proceed in line with our exam policies and the latest Safe Measurement Measures (SMMs) from the local authorities.
In alignment with the latest SMMs, British Council Singapore will implement the following adjustments from 26 April 2022:
- Mask-Wearing: Mask-wearing will continue to be required in indoor settings, while remain optional in outdoor settings. However, we encourage test-takers to exercise precaution. For example, in crowded outdoor areas, it will still be a good idea to wear a mask.
- Safe Distancing: As group size limits are lifted, safe distancing will no longer be required between individuals or between groups.
- Capacity Limits: Previously, larger exams/events with >1,000 pax and that are mask-on were subject to a capacity limit of 75%. We will now remove this capacity limit for such settings.
- Vaccination-Differentiated SMMs (VDS): VDS will be removed from all settings, except for exams/events with >500 participants at any one time.
For more details on the latest Covid-19 updates, please refer to Ministry of Health’s website at https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19
Test takers will not be allowed to take their tests under the following circumstances:
- tested positive for Covid-19; or
- under any stay-home/quarantine order issued according to local guidelines; or
- unable to show proof of vaccination, where applicable; or
- unable to show a negative Antigen Rapid Test (ART) or Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test result, where applicable as per Ministry of Health (MOH) guidelines; or
- unwell, having a high temperature, cough, breathing difficulty or other flu-like symptoms.
For more information, please call our office mainline or contact our customer service representatives at +65 6807 1599 during office hours. To find out more details on the latest national health protocols for Covid-19, please visit https://www.gov.sg/article/updates-to-health-protocols.