Focusing on the Smart Nation initiative in Singapore and the national Digital Readiness Blueprint, this workshop introduces you to emerging technologies and will help you to prepare for life in a digital future.
Through discussions, video clips and a range of digital tasks you will learn more about social isolation, digital ethics and the importance of remaining resilient. As a result you should feel more confident and willing to embrace the changes that technology may bring.
Who should attend?
Anyone who would like to understand more about emerging technologies, their impact on life and work in Singapore and the way we can adapt for the future.
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- understand the changes that emerging technologies might impose on our lives
- use various skills (hard and soft) to better deal with these changes
- understand what digital isolation is and how to deal with it
Introduction and overview
- Industrial revolutions and the digital era
- Different generations and technology
- Technology and you
- Key skills for a digital future
Emerging technologies and their impact
- Smart cities and the Smart Nation initiative
- Automation, AI and their impact
- Fusion skills for an AI workplace
- Are we going to be replaced?
- Why is data important?
- How data science is changing life and work
- Understanding your digital quotient (DQ)
- Managing your digital identity and digital footprint
Dealing with social isolation
- When I was young
- Technology and cultural shifts
- Digital natives and immigrants vs digital residents
- A day in the (not-so-far) future
- Quality and quantity of relationships
- Social isolation as a growing epidemic
- What about emotional intelligence?
Resilience in the digital age
- What is resilience?
- Resilience Capability Index
- Building your resilience
- Being adaptable
- Building connections
Personal development in the digital age
- Digital Readiness Blueprint
- Skills development and social learning
- Modern health issues in digital workplaces
- Radical technologies and creating your own future
- Action planning
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|June 27-28||September 23-24||Dec 5-6|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: $954.44 (including GST)