ELEVATE StartWell™ Challenge: Joshua Comaroff, Director, Lekker Architects
The ELEVATE StartWell™ Challenge, presented by the British Council in partnership with the Lien Foundation, is focused on developing innovative new concepts to improve early childhood (0-8 years) play. In this video, Joshua Comaroff of Lekker Architects, Singapore, shares his thoughts on play and urban design by addressing the following questions:
- Tell us about the importance of place-making and city design when thinking about kids and families - what you think they need most?
- What do you think are the very basics of designing spaces that kids can create magic within?
- How can applicants consider reimagining existing infrastructure?
- What would you be looking for in a standout application for new or reimagined play spaces and concepts?
- Do you have any reference points for particularly innovative examples of places or cities that are just getting it right with creative spaces and ways for kids to play?