About this programme
Connecting Classrooms is an international education programme offering opportunities for local schools to partner with schools in the UK and globally. It also provides additional professional development opportunities for teachers including sharing best practice with colleagues in the UK and in more than 50 countries throughout Asia, Africa, the Middle East and the Americas.
Our community is growing across the world - over 5,200 schools and 936,000 young people have participated in Connecting Classrooms for a variety of reasons and outcomes. These include:
- enhancing teacher skills and sharing best practice in order to raise standards and to provide better education for young people
- increasing the capacity of young people so they have the skills, understanding and outlook required to both live and work in a global economy and offer a positive contribution.
How are we connecting classrooms
Classrooms are connected in a variety of ways, including partnerships, online collaborations and professional development opportunities.
What is on offer:
- School partnerships: access to establish a sustainable relationship with a school.
- Professional development for teachers: being equipped to tackle global themes in the classroom with our regional face-to-face workshops and online courses.
- School leadership development: capacity building for head teachers.
- Policy dialogues: engaging in an international educational network to discuss, exchange and collaborate to improve school education.
- Connecting Classrooms: providing specially developed resources to help you and your partner school explore a number of social, environmental, and cultural themes.
Visit the British Council Schools Online website to find out more about the Connecting Classrooms programme and to learn how you can get involved.