Do you think storytelling is important?
What other skills would you introduce and at what age?
Find this out plus much more in our 20 hour comprehensive module.
Level: Foundation Module - Early Years Award
In this module, you will cover the following topics:
- Story-based lessons and lesson planning
- Using stories to develop reading and writing skills
- Developing critical and creative thinking
- Developing listening and speaking skills
- Developing grammar and vocabulary
- Effective story reading and storytelling
- Role-play and playing with stories
- Music and songs
By the end of this module you will have:
- learned practical ideas for planning and delivering lessons to pre-schoolers
- demonstrated games and songs for language work
- developed the skills of the teacher as story reader and storyteller
- taken your first steps with classroom drama
- practised the methodology you are learning