About this course
Do you think storytelling is important?
What other skills would you introduce and at what age?
Find this out plus much more in our 20 hour comprehensive module.
Level: Foundation Module - Early Years Award
In this module, you will cover the following topics:
- Story-based lessons and lesson planning
- Using stories to develop reading and writing skills
- Developing creativity and vocabulary
- Developing listening and speaking skills
- Developing grammar
- Speaking and listening
- Grammar and vocabulary
- Effective story reading and storytelling
- Role-play and playing with stories
- Music and songs
By the end of this module you will have:
- learned practical ideas for planning and delivering lessons to pre-schoolers
- demonstrated games and songs for language work
- developed the skills of the teacher as story reader and storyteller
- taken your first steps with classroom drama
- practised the methodology you are learning.