How do you keep adolescent learners engaged in the secondary classroom?
Do you know the difference between presenting language and practising language?
Find out the answers to these and much more in our 20-hour comprehensive module.
Level: Foundation Module - Secondary Award
In this module, you will cover the following topics:
- Teaching Listening and Viewing
- Teaching Speaking and Representing
- Teaching Reading and Viewing
- Teaching Writing and Representing
- Teaching Grammar
- Teaching Vocabulary
By the end of this module you will have:
- explored the characteristics of secondary learners
- learned how to plan and deliver an effective lesson
- understood the inter-relationship of the key language domains, viz., listening, speaking, reading, writing, viewing and representing
- developed techniques for presenting grammar and vocabulary
- learned how to evaluate activities for skills development in all language domains
- practised and consolidated the methodologies appropriate to the Secondary learner