About this course
Are you a teaching assistant or parent of a pre-schooler?
Do you want to know how to best support children at this stage of their development?
In this brand new 10 hour course, we explore topics such as how children learn, the role of play, the importance of a language rich environment and useful ideas for managing learning.
Level: Specialist module
In this module, you will cover the following topics:
- What's expected from me?
- It's child's play
- A language rich environment
- Carrots and sticks and other tricks
- Stepping in and stepping up
By the end of this module you will have
- understood the role of an early years teaching assistant
- explored the importance of your own English when communicating
- enhanced your story reading skills
- lpractised finger plays, songs and games
- equipped yourself with practical classroom management ideas.