About this course
Do you know the difference between 'vocabulary' and 'lexis'?
Are you aware of the specific language teaching techniques?
Find this out plus much moreon our 20 hour ground-breaking course.
Level: Specialist module
In this module, you will cover the following topics:
- Vocabulary, lexis or just 'words'?
- Essential components of a vocabulary lesson
- Teaching vocabulary so it sticks
- What a dictionary won't tell you
- Collocation and lexical phrases
- Phrasal verbs
- Word grammar
- The role of authentic materials and sources
- The age factor
- Designing and marking vocabulary tests
By the end of this module you will have:
- understood key issues when teaching vocabulary to learners of all ages
- discovered how words work
- understood how we learn and store vocabulary long term
- mastered vocabulary learning strategies to pass on to your students
- demonstrated how to plan effective vocabulary lessons.