Do you know the difference between 'vocabulary' and 'lexis'?
Is it enough to let learners pick up the words they hear in the classroom?
Are you aware of the specific language teaching techniques?
Find the answers to these and much more on our 20-hour ground-breaking course.
Level: Specialist module
In this module, you will cover the following topics:
- Essential components of a vocabulary lesson
- Teaching vocabulary so it ‘sticks’
- What a dictionary won't tell you
- Collocation and lexical phrases
- Phrasal verbs
- Word grammar
- The role of authentic materials and sources
- The age factor
- Designing and marking vocabulary tests
By the end of this module you will have:
- understood key issues when teaching vocabulary to learners of all ages
- discovered how words work
- understood how we learn and store vocabulary in the long term
- mastered vocabulary learning strategies to pass on to your students
- demonstrated how to plan effective vocabulary lessons