About this course
How is it delivered?
On the CELTA course you will:
- attend input sessions covering all aspects of teaching English as a second language
- benefit from directed lesson planning and tutorial support
- complete six hours of assessed teaching practice
- get constructive feedback on your teaching practice from your tutors and peers
- complete four assessed assignments (750-1000 words each)
- have the opportunity to observe experienced ELT professionals (six hours in total).
- 6 hours of observations of experienced British Council teachers at work at our Napier Road Centre
- 6 hours of individual, assessed teaching practice with current British Council students
- 2 individual tutorials with a course tutor
- 38 hours of class teaching practice with current British Council students
- 20 hours of feedback on class teaching practice
- 20 hours of supervised lesson planning
- 60 hours of input – interactive workshops covering the major areas of language teaching.
By the end of the course you will have:
- a professional, internationally recognised qualification in English Language Teaching to Adults
- a solid foundation in planning and teaching
- the techniques and tools for effective teaching
- been guided through your own development as a teacher
- an awareness to different approaches to ensure student-centred teaching.