Explore and apply creative thinking tools in early childhood teaching and learning.
- Understand the importance of creative thinking in improving teaching and learning practice and designing creative learning environments
- Understand the importance of acting as supporters, coaches, facilitators and models of creative thinking to young children
- Be introduced to and equipped with a range of resources, practical tools and strategies to encourage the development of creative thinking in young children
- Incorporate and apply emerging creative thinking tools and techniques into teaching and learning practices in the early childhood classroom
- The definition and importance of creative thinking in the early childhood classroom
- Emerging and practical creative thinking tools and techniques that are relevant and appropriate for educators in the early childhood sector to empower them to improve teaching and learning practice e.g De Bono’s lateral thinking, design thinking, Osborne-Parnes Creative Problem Solving Process, SCAMPER
- Explore and apply creative thinking tools in early childhood teaching and learning
- How to develop an action plan to design creative programmes, effective teaching and learning practices, and the learning environment in the early childhood classroom.
Details of the course
Date: 13 February 2017 (Monday) & 2 March 2017 (Thursday)
Time: 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Duration: 2 days with a break between 1st and 2nd day for implementation and completion of assignment (Please note lunch is not provided)
Class Size: 25 (Maximum)
Closing Date: 23 January 2017 (Monday) 5.00 p.m.
Training Provider: British Council Singapore