What is SkillsFuture?
SkillsFuture is a national movement to provide Singaporeans with the opportunities to develop their fullest potential throughout life, regardless of their starting points. Through this movement, the skills, passion and contributions of every individual will drive Singapore's next phase of development towards an advanced economy and inclusive society.
Click here for more information on SkillsFuture.
British Council is pleased to be part of this national initiative with the following courses.
BEST: Business English Skills Training
Improve your English communication skills in the workplace. Connect with your clients and colleagues more effectively.
A comprehensive course designed specifically for Singaporean and Malaysian working professionals. Focussed on improving your business communication skills in the workplace, through fluency and accuracy-based simulations. Our BEST: Business English Skills Training courses provide complete support to help you enhance your performance and excel in the workplace. Find out more here.
CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
If you want a professional, internationally recognised qualification in English language teaching to adults, this is the course for you. It is a practical, work-related qualification aimed at graduates or other suitably qualified applicants who have little or no previous teaching experience. Find out more about the CELTA course and application process here.
Corporate Training Workshops
Our Professional Development Centre's soft skills workshops are short, intensive courses for people who want to improve their personal performance and communication skills. Below are the workshops eligible for the SkillsFuture credit claim:
- Coaching, Counselling and Mentoring
- Leading with EQ
- Manage and Communicate Change
- Essential Skills for Managers
- Project Management Essentials
- Effective Mentoring
- Positive Influencing Skills
- Advanced Team Leader
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION
- Minutes of Meetings
- Business Writing Essentials
- Fine-tuning: Writing Skills for Managers
- Customer-focused Writing
- Better Emails
- Copywriting Essentials
- Reports that Work
- Proposals that Work
- Writing for the Web
- Technical Writing
- Editing Skills for Company Publications
- Transform your Company's Correspondence
- Effective Press Releases
- Delivering Service Excellence
- Managing Service Excellence
- Handling Angry, Hostile and Abusive Customers
- Mastering the Art of Presenting
- Train the Trainer: Essential Skills
- Handling Difficult Colleagues and Customers
- Success with Presentations
- Effective Negotiation Skills
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Effective Public Speaking