About this course
Do you know the difference between phonics and pronunciation?
Would you like to create your own reading and spelling games?
Find this out plus much more in our 10 hour module.
Level: Specialist module
In this module, you will cover the following topics:
- How children learn and stages of reading
- Letter sounds, decoding, using published materials
- Digraphs and blends, sound books
- Sight words, sounds and spelling
- Memorisation, practice and materials review
By the end of this module you will have:
- examined how children learn to read
- exploited a well-known phonics and sight-reading system
- learned how to use supplementary materials and hands-on activities
- explored background information and suggest other sources.