Do you know the difference between phonics and pronunciation?
Would you like to create your own reading and spelling games?
Find out more in our 10-hour module.
Level: Specialist module
In this module, you will cover the following topics:
- How children learn and stages of reading
- Letter sounds, decoding and using published materials
- Digraphs, blends and sound books
- Sight words, sounds and spelling
- Memorisation, practice and materials review
By the end of this module you will have:
- examined how children learn to read
- exploited a well-known phonics and sight-reading system
- learned how to use supplementary materials and engaged with hands-on activities