About this course
Do you know the difference between an explanation and an information report?
Do you know the features of a personal recount?
Find this out plus much more in our 10 hour module.
Level: Specialist module
In this module, you will cover the following topics:
- Getting to grips with text types
- Factual and personal recounts
- Explanations and instructions
- Narratives and literary texts
- Exposition, materials design and sharing workshop
By the end of this module you will have:
- gained awareness of the text types in the Ministry of Education English syllabus
- covered the features of each text type
- been shown how to model text types
- looked at ways of working with text types to develop students' English skills.