IELTS Speaking Examiners at the British Council in Singapore
The British Council is looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of IELTS Speaking Examiners in Singapore. For details please refer to the Guide for Applicants to IELTS Examiner Recruitment and Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements.
|Salary||Paid per candidate|
|Closing date||Sunday 20 October 2019|
The British Council has a presence in 14 countries in the East Asia region. These range from developed markets with sophisticated infrastructures (Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Japan, Australia and New Zealand, Taiwan) to developing markets with fledgeling but growing infrastructure (China, Malaysia, Thailand, Burma, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam). Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- An undergraduate or master’s degree or qualification(s) that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or master’s degree (three years’ full-time academic study, or a minimum of one year’s full-time academic study in the case of a master’s degree)
- A TEFL/TESOL qualification from a recognised institution (at minimum certificate level) or EFL/ESOL-related studies completed as part of an undergraduate/postgraduate award course from a recognised institution (minimum certificate level equivalent) or a degree in education (if supported by an undergraduate degree which includes studies focused on the English language).
- At least three years full time (or the equivalent part-time) relevant TESOL teaching experience (minimum one-year post certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and above)
The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills
- Legally accepted to work or provide services in Singapore
- A clear police check record will be required before we can confirm successful applicants
In order to become an IELTS Examiner, you must attend and successfully complete training and certification.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted for interviews.
We are an equal opportunities organisation and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. The British Council believe that all children have potential and that every child matters - everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Last year we reached over 65 million people directly and 731 million people overall including online, broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
How to apply
The application including an IELTS Examiner application form, relevant qualifications and letter from referee should be sent to:
Operations Resource Manager
Suites 3A.1 and 3A.2
Wisma Great Eastern
25 Light Street