The British Council is highly regarded for its teacher training work in Singapore and worldwide. These awards give you the satisfaction of professional development in the key areas of teaching and bring with them the British Council assurance of quality.
You can register for any Teaching Awards module as a stand-alone course. If you take a suite of modules, you can build up credits towards one of four Teaching Awards: Early Years, Young Learners, Adults or Tutor's Award. The Foundation module you select will determine which Award you can apply for. By planning the progression of your modules, you can achieve up to three different Teaching Awards.
Each module you complete successfully is worth a number of credits.
To gain the credits, you need to:
- Submit a pre-course task
- Attend at least 80% of the module
- Participate fully in the sessions
- Complete homework tasks
- Submit a satisfactory reflective journal
- Meet submission deadlines.
When you gain 50 credits within 18 months, you can send in your application and portfolio for the relevant Teaching Award.
Our Trainers Have:
- extensive experience in teaching English, as well as Diploma or Masters level qualifications
- internationally accredited tutor status – e.g. Cambridge English or Trinity College
- a wide range of teacher training experience in Singapore, including experience on the MOE Niches of Excellence programme.
For more information on our Teacher training courses and workshops, contact us or call us on +65 6807 1599.