Partner South East Asia was a series of online forums presented by the British Council which provided more than 800 participants across four days with a better understanding and knowledge of the arts and culture ecosystems of Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand, and Viet Nam.
Providing opportunities, contents, and contexts to make new connections between South East Asian and UK arts and culture stakeholders, Partner South East Asia featured the following through the external platform Hopin:
- Opening session including a keynote speech on the potential of South East Asia’s creative economy followed by an artist panel discussion (75 mins)
- Five dedicated country briefing sessions (90 mins each)
- Three thematic sessions covering the creative economy, arts and inclusion and climate change and cultural rights (60 mins each)
- Dedicated networking functions for meeting counterparts for future collaborations (throughout the event)
- Showreels of artistic collaborations between artists and creative professionals from the UK and South East Asia
- Over 70 inspiring speakers from the UK and South East Asia
Below are videos, resources, and highlights from the Partner South East Asia event that we hope can help you learn more about contemporary South East Asia-UK arts and cultural exchanges.