About this course
Our Step Up to English course is designed for students new to Singapore and English, aged 7 to 11 years old, to help them learn the language basics to help make the transition to school much easier.
- use the language you have studied to write and improve a variety of types of writing
- read and answer questions on texts on a variety of topics
- identify meaning from context
- discuss topics and generate your own ideas about them
- use expressions and phrases to apologise, compare, give opinions, guess, make suggestions, talk about preferences/ability, agree and disagree politely and explain ideas.
- listen to and understand short, authentic extracts with individual speakers, conversations between different speakers, interviews and announcements