In the midst of closing borders and confinements, the British Council continues to form connections online between the UK and Singapore, drawing on an amazing global network as we navigate this unprecedented period. We are in fact finding new ways to share perspectives and nurture the understanding of different voices as we remind ourselves and our partners to engage with positive news, connect with others and look to the unceasing beauty of the arts…. In this spirit we’d like to share an update on some exciting culture news that you can enjoy from home…
Sending safe virtual hugs!
Take care and keep well!
Resources - British Council
The show must go on: International theatre online
You can still enjoy great shows from the UK. Performance venues are migrating activity online where it can be accessed from home. The British Council has curated a list of some of the English language international theatre currently available.
Click here: Theatre and Dance
Covid-19 Music Resources
There is a huge amount happening online – lots of live streams of music shows, drop-in sessions for professional musicians, offers and funds to help music people in need. To help you find a path through this Covid-19 digital music maze, British Council Music Department will be pointing towards some of the best and most useful thing available.
Click here: Music
The second edition of the British Council Literature team's Literature on Lockdown blog is here! This is an overview of the literature scene during the pandemic, with suggestions for things you can read, participate in, and discover while in lockdown.
Click here: Literature
Other Great Online Resources
- Developing Great Art On Digital Platforms
- Making Digital Work Toolkit
- Create with the web: creative writing, video editing and more
- Daily creative challenges from 64 Million Artists
- Free Resources from the National Activity Providers
- AMA (Arts Marketing Organisation) are offering digital skills training online
- Advice from Medium about running a workshop online
- Arts Council resources on improving digital skills
- Discover free resources from the Craft Council
- Digital R&D Funds For The Arts
- Handbook for embracing neurodiversity in the creative industries by Universal Music UK
- Open Call - Digital Artist Residency
- StageTEXT - free digital subtitling training
- Philantropia: Fundraising In The Time Of The Coronavirus
- Salesforce: Fundraising Today
- Omprakash Online Learning Communities
Online Programmes - Things to Enjoy at Home
- Best British Music – Selector Radio
- Our Better World - Stories of humans being kind amidst COVID-19
- The Royal Academy - Online Videos
- Stopgap Dance Company's award-winning film ARTIFICIAL THINGS
- Perspectives is a series of essays from Penguin authors offering their response to the Covid-19 crisis.
- 2020 New Music Scotland - Scottish Awards for New Music
- UK pianist Rolf Hind talks about when meditation meets creativity in a time of lockdown - The Whisper in the Gaps
- Bristol Old Vic At Home
- Google Arts and Culture - The United Kingdom of Culture