More than an English course – develop core competencies and a global perspective for success in studies and life
- Secondary 1 to 3
- Four terms a year
- One class a week for a 10-week term
- Napier Road Centre, Tampines Centre, Toa Payoh Centre
Our Secondary Plus English course, developed by our team of English experts, will help you develop life skills to build your confidence, find your voice and help you reach your full potential for your future.
Our blended learning approach allows for a more rewarding learning experience, getting the most out of learning English with a combination of:
- lively speaking classes with a highly-trained teacher to encourage you to express opinions openly and think independently
- interactive independent study, set by your teacher that will prepare you for class – all on an easy to use learning hub with a personal dashboard to monitor your progress and meet learning aims and outcomes. This means you will come to class fully prepared so you can focus on improving your English-speaking skills.
This course places a strong emphasis on helping students build a global mindset by developing their critical thinking, resilience and deep reading skills. This is done through stimulating up-to-date topics linked to current world issues and real-life tasks delivered through stimulating magazine-based course designed to enable students to develop their communication and life skills. We also teach students to assess and apply their knowledge for the O-Level examinations.
- develop confidence in speaking English through interactive activities such as presentations, fun debates, vlogging and interviews
- gain support from teachers for exam practise and to develop strategies for tackling exams through structuring exams and reports, writing summaries, researching projects and note-taking when listening to presentations and lectures
- learn and apply language skills while working on real-world projects covering tourism and the environment, ethical food, health and well-being, and climate change
- develop life skills such as collaboration, leadership, creativity, citizenship and digital skills to help you succeed in the future, and have fun along the way.
Learn English in an inclusive space. Your highly qualified teacher will treat you as an individual and motivate you to take charge of your learning. You will be able to practise your English on the go or at home using Secondary Online.
Secondary Plus will help you achieve academic success at school, prepare for the O-Level English exam and get ready for university.