You will need to arrive and register 30 minutes before your test time on your assessment day. Your confirmation email will provide you with timings and procedures on the test day. If you arrive late, you may not be allowed to take the test. You will receive an email at least three days before the test so you will know at what time your test starts.
Please bring the same valid ID / identification document (NRIC, FIN or passport) you used when you booked your test. Invalid or expired ID / identification documents will not be accepted. If you cannot provide valid ID, you will not be able to sit the test.
Make sure you are prepared and have something to eat and drink beforehand. You will not be allowed to take food into the test room and you will only be allowed to take water in a transparent bottle. Stationery will be provided. Switch off your mobile phone and any other electronic devices. There will be a secure area where you need to leave all your belongings. The British Council is not responsible for loss or damage to your personal belongings at the test venue. Therefore, we strongly recommend leaving valuables like mobile phones and tablet computers at home.
Before the test starts, a briefing will be conducted and the computer equipment will be checked. If you have any questions during the test, raise your hand to ask for help.
At the end of your test, stay in your seat until the invigilator gives you permission to leave the room. If you think that there have been any issues that may have affected your performance, tell the invigilator at once.
Health advisory and updates
Information on measures we are taking at the British Council to ensure the safety of all test takers as a consequence of the current Covid-19 situation.
Our test sessions are continuing as normal with additional measures in place to ensure the health, safety and well-being of all our customers and the communities in which we operate, which is our top priority at the British Council.
All test takers must sign a declaration form at the entrance of the exams area on test day to declare that they are eligible to attend the test session as per local government policy. You will not be permitted to take the test if:
- you have visited Iran and/or mainland China and/or Northern Italy and/or South Korea in the 14-day period prior to your test date(s);
- you should now be under self-quarantine/Leave of Absence/Stay-Home Notice according to local guidelines;
- you have a high temperature, persistent cough, difficulty breathing or other flu-like symptoms.
On the test day, if you are not permitted to take the test, you will be asked to provide your details for further arrangements.
Test takers under 18 years of age are strongly recommended to be accompanied by an adult until the necessary checks at the entrance of the exams area have been completed. If they are then excluded from the test, they can be taken away immediately by the accompanying adult or will be escorted to a holding area until they are fetched, if they have not been given permission to leave the exam venue unaccompanied.
Deferrals and Refunds
If you are excluded from your test the British Council will manage re-scheduling, deferrals or refunds for you. For general policies on deferrals or refunds please contact our customer service directly.
Additional measures during test sessions
We seek your cooperation to follow basic hygiene practices such as frequent handwashing and/or using hand sanitisers. The following measures will be implemented as precautionary steps and to support and comply with the health advice and instructions of Ministry of Health (MOH) in Singapore.
On test days:
- We are implementing temperature screening in the test venue before test takers enter the exams area; test takers with symptoms of fever will not be permitted to sit the test.
- There may be a delay to the start of your test whilst we manage the additional checking of test takers.
- All test venues are thoroughly cleaned prior to the start of the test date.
- All equipment and computers are cleaned between each test session.
- Hand sanitizers or antibacterial wipes are available at test venues.
- Masks can be worn by test takers and venue staff on test days. If you choose to wear a mask, you will be required to remove it during registration, ID checks and after any toilet breaks.
We are monitoring the situation very closely and will continue to take relevant measures in line with the advice of our national healthcare authorities. If you require more information or assistance, please contact our Customer Services Team at +65 6807 1599 or SGExamTeam@britishcouncil.org.sg,or refer to https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19where relevant and useful health / hygiene advisory and updates on this topic may be found.
More information on protecting yourself from Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is here: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public.
Thank you for your kind attention and understanding.