This valuable one-day workshop introduces the core skills and attitudes needed by managers to help their staff grow and achieve their full potential.
You will explore the structures needed to build an effective mentoring relationship as well as the issues that can arise during the process. You will also practice key mentoring discussions through role plays, case studies and simulations.
Who should attend?
Managers, supervisors and team leaders.
- Use mentoring tools to enhance team performance
- Recognise mentoring boundaries and pitfalls
- Be better able to develop others through the mentoring cycle
Introduction and overview
- Advice from your role model
- What is mentoring?
- Exploring the benefits of mentoring
Preparing for the first meeting
- Understanding your mentee’s background
- Establishing rapport
- Using questions to check the tone
- Developing the mentoring contract
- Mentoring role pay
- Dealing with issues
- Keeping up momentum
- Mentoring techniques
- Overcoming barriers to successful mentoring
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|February 13||June 26||August 13|
|September 11||October 31||December 4|
Length: 1 day
Course Fees: $668.75 (including GST)