This workshop gives you in-depth insights into your managerial preferences, strengths and areas for self-assessment. It concentrates on developing your skills through an experiential approach that will enable you to better understand, communicate with and manage your team.
You will receive a personalised 4,000-word Team Management Profile (TMP) highlighting your work preferences by Team Management Systems™. You will reflect on these preferences and take part in a series of case studies, discussions and hands-on activities designed to help you maximise your strengths as a manager.
Who should attend?
New managers, managers who want an opportunity to develop themselves further and those aspiring to management positions.
e2i* funding is available at S$15 per hour/per pax for Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Residents
- state your preferences, strengths and areas for assessment as a manager
- better manage individuals, tasks and your team
- communicate with your people more effectively
Introduction and overview
- Management vs Leadership
- What makes an effective manager?
- Why people should be managed by you
- Are you a theory X or theory Y manager?
- The core functions of management
- Adair’s Action-Centred Leadership
- Shifting roles, shifting mind sets
Your Team Management Profile (TMP)
- Introducing the 8 work functions
- Exploring different preferences
- Your management preferences, strengths and areas for selfassessment
- Analysing your team’s preferences
- Allocating work effectively
- Using the TMP to balance your team
Communicating with your team
- Effective communication using the 3 Vs
- Adapting your communication style for different TMP preferences
- Case study and role-play – influencing a challenging team member
- Why, what and when to delegate
- How to delegate to each TMP preference
- Reviewing the results
Motivating your team
- Understanding what motivates people
- Motivating different TMP preferences
- Case study and role-play – motivating a disengaged team member
- Decision making and TMP
- Communicating tough decisions
- Bias within decision making
- Giving feedback to different TMP preferences
- Structuring your feedback
- Case study and role-play – giving constructive feedback
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|March 4-6||May 29-31||July 3-5|
|September 2-4||October 21-23||November 27-29|
Length: 3 days
Course Fees: $1,671.34 (including GST)
e2i funded course fee: $1,356.34 (including GST)
*The Employment and Employability Institute Pte Ltd (“e2i”) is a strategic partner of the Workforce Singapore (“WSG”) in the national Continuing Education and Training (“CET”) effort. WSG provides funding to e2i to operate as an institution and to administer projects and grants on behalf of WSG to companies and workers as part of CET and related manpower initiatives.
Funding for the above workshop is at S$15.00 per training hour. In order to be eligible for the funding the following criteria must be fulfilled:-
- The participant must be Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Residents
- The participant must provide us their NRIC details (MANDATORY)
- The participant must meet the minimum set of entry requirements for the course(s) within the Programme
- The participant must achieve at least 75% attendance of the workshops
- The participant and/or the Company shall not receive any other funding from government sources