Successful projects require good organisation, detailed planning and strong controls. But these skills alone are not sufficient to ensure success as projects, ultimately, are about people.
This practical workshop focuses on the main stages of a project life-cycle. It provides you with tips and techniques to build team cohesion, overcome people-related obstacles and deliver better outcomes for your stakeholders.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to improve the success rate of their projects. Both Project Managers and project team members will benefit.
- Be able to gain and maintain support for your projects
- Help your project team to work better together
- Gain tools to prioritise and manage stakeholder communication
Introduction and overview
- Why do some projects fail?
- Creating the right balance
- Types of teams
Starting up a Project
- Planning pitfalls
- Articulating your aims
- The AIDA formula
Managing your project
Managing team communication
- Tuckman’s stages of team development
- Building commitment, trust and rapport
- Effective delegation
- Sources of interpersonal conflict
- Giving feedback
- Maintaining momentum
Managing stakeholder communication
- Identifying, analysing and mapping stakeholders
- Planning your communication approach
Closing your Project
- Closing a project successfully
- Celebrating success
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|March 1-2||May 10-11||July 9-10|
|September 17-18||November 1-2|
Length: 2 days
Venue: Professional Development Centre, Toa Payoh
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)