Video Credit: Musicity Singapore Launch at Gardens by The Bay. © British Council
Music meets architecture: location specific tracks for Singapore
Musicity Singapore brought together two UK recording artists and seven Singaporean recording artists to compose original tracks of music inspired by iconic locations in the city.
A series of live performances were held throughout 2012 (at the Singapore Arts Festival, Substation, Gardens by the Bay Opening Festival and Archifest), as well as a Forum event at ArtScience Museum to explore ways in which artistic expression can be used to bring a new dimension to the way we experience cities and the world around us.
Through a mobile application, the tracks were accessible via streaming by visiting each location. This allowed the visitor to perceive the architectural space in a unique way, through the creative lens of the artist.
The artists and their respective locations were:
- Jon Hopkins and Jason Tan (Octover) - ArtScience Museum
- Mara Carlyle and Sonicbrat – Gardens by the Bay
- Koflow - School Of The Arts
- I Am David Sparkle - Asian Civilisations Museum
- Muon (Nick Chan) - The Esplanade
- The Analog Girl - Hong San See Temple
- Cosa Nostra - Singapore Art Museum.