This workshop looks at a range of challenging areas of grammar. Mastering these will enhance both your written and spoken communication at work.
Your trainer will guide you through practical activities such as speed meetings, mini presentations and group writing tasks. You will also analyse a selection of workplace documents and evaluate their use of grammar.
Who should attend?
Those who have attended our Grammar Foundations workshop or who already have a good grasp of the fundamentals of English grammar.
- have a clearer understanding of advanced English grammar and its use
- present a more polished professional image when writing
- speak more appropriately during face-to-face business interactions
Setting the Standard
- The language of grammar
- Grammar and you
- Constructing sentences
- Linking your ideas
- Email writing task
More information, please
- Using relative clauses
- Describing a person
- Defining jargon and technical terms
Verbs and tenses
- Review of the English tense system
- Modal verbs and their uses
- Using ‘will’ and ‘would’
The Big 'If'
- First and second conditional
- Promoting a product
- Writing a proposal
What did they say?
- Reported speech and back-shifting
- Speaking and writing tasks
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|February 17-18||March 7-8||April 17-18||May 21-22|
|June 20-21||July 22-23||September 26-27||October 24-25|
|November 14-15||December 12-13|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: S$954.44 (including GST)