This workshop provides you with a thorough understanding of modern business writing. This will help you to write all kinds of documents more effectively and professionally.
Through analysis and hands-on activities, you will learn how to plan and edit a variety of documents. You will also write a case study text and use the 5 Cs to progressively refine this throughout the workshop.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of modern business writing.
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- Feel more confident in your knowledge of modern business writing
- Communicate your ideas more effectively
- Learn how to give a professional image
Introduction and overview
- Your writing at work
- The 5 Cs of business writing
- Case study – writing practice
- Stating your purpose
- Who are your readers?
- Getting the action you want
- Using diagrams to plan
- Being specific
- Paragraphing and linking ideas
- Structuring your information
- Modern formatting and layout
- Eliminating grammatical errors
- Commonly confused words
- Understanding sentence structure
- Avoiding over-formality
- Using the active voice
- Adopting a reader-friendly tone
- Using short, familiar words
- Avoiding repetition and redundancy
- Editing your documents
- Online tools for business writers
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|February 27-28||March 25-26||April 25-26||May 27-28|
|June 24-25||July 25-26||August 22-23||September 19-20|
|October 21-22||November 18-19||December 9-10|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: $954.44 (including GST)