This workshop reviews the foundations of English grammar, with a focus on areas where Singaporean English differs from Standard (British) English.
Your trainer will take you through a series of interactive, hands-on activities to help you avoid grammatical errors. As a result your writing should become more accurate and you will gain confidence in your everyday use of grammar.
Who should attend?
Those who need to gain confidence in the basics of English grammar.
- Avoid common grammatical mistakes
- Feel more confident in your knowledge of the basics of English grammar
- Be able to edit your and others’ writing to make it more accurate
Introduction and overview
- Pre-course grammar quiz
- Case study writing activity
- Defining and identifying word classes
- Using online resources
- Different questions for different contexts
- Direct and indirect questions
- Question tags
- Present perfect and past simple
- Using timelines
- Interviewing a colleague
- Writing a professional profile
Nouns, quantifiers and articles
- Countable and uncountable nouns
- What is a quantifier?
- Rules for using articles
Prepositions and Collocations
- Prepositions of place
- Singlish or Standard English?
Putting it all together
- Planning a work event
- Giving a mini presentation
- Writing an email
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|January 24-25||March 4-5||July 11-12||August 7-8|
|September 2-3||October 1-2||November 18-19||December 9-10|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: S$954.44 (including GST)