‘Request’ or ‘request for’? ‘Jargon’ or ‘jargons’? ‘Went’ or ‘have been’? This workshop reviews the basics of English grammar with a focus on areas where Singaporean English differs from Standard (British) English.
Your trainer will take you through a series of interactive, hands-on activities to help you avoid grammatical errors. As a result your writing should become more accurate and you will gain confidence in your everyday use of grammar.
This workshop is for you if…
You would like to gain more confidence in your use of Standard English grammar.
After taking this workshop you should be able to:
- avoid common grammatical mistakes
- feel more confident in your knowledge of the basics of English grammar
- edit your and others’ writing to make it more accurate
- Test your grammar
- Case study writing activity
- Defining and identifying word classes
- Using online resources
- Different questions for different contexts
- Direct and indirect questions
- Question tags
- Present perfect and past simple
- Using timelines
- Interviewing a colleague
- Writing a professional profile
Nouns, quantifiers and articles
- Countable and uncountable nouns
- What is a quantifier?
- Rules for using articles
Prepositions and Collocations
- Prepositions of place
- Singlish or Standard English?
Putting it all together
- Planning a work event
- Giving a mini presentation
- Writing a summary email
|Public Training Dates 2020|
|January 20-21||March 5-6||May 14-15||July 2-3|
|September 7-8||November 12-13|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: S$954.44 (including GST)