This comprehensive workshop provides you with a thorough understanding of modern business writing. This will enable you to write all types of documents more effectively and professionally.
Through analysis and hands-on activities, you will learn how to plan, write and edit a variety of documents. You will write case studies and receive feedback from your trainer and other participants on your strengths and areas to improve.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of modern business writing.
- Feel more confident in your knowledge of modern business writing
- Communicate your ideas more effectively
- Learn how to give a professional image
- Your writing and objectives
- The 5 Cs of business writing
- Stating your purpose
- Who are your readers?
- Getting the action you want
- Using diagrams to plan
- Being specific
- Paragraphing and linking ideas
- Structuring your information
- Modern formatting and layout
- Common grammatical errors
- Understanding sentence structure
- Avoiding over-formality
- Using the active voice
- Adopting a reader-friendly tone
- Using short, familiar words
- Avoiding repetition and redundancy
- Vetting your work
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|January 8-9||February 12-13||March 12-13||April 12-13|
|May 7-8||June 18-19||July 16-17||August 6-7|
|September 17-18||October 15-16||November 19-20||December 10-11|
Length: 2 days
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)