This highly practical workshop introduces you to the skills needed for effective negotiations. You will learn about the five negotiating styles and practice using a simple but effective process for conducting negotiations at all levels.
Over the two days you will watch video clips, discuss real-life experiences and take part in a variety of role plays and simulations to immediately put the skills you learn into practice.
Who should attend?
Managers, executives, buyers, procurement officers and other staff who negotiate.
- Apply a systematic approach to preparing for a negotiation
- Feel more confident when negotiating
- Achieve win-win outcomes
Introduction and overview
- Core principles – exchange, persuasion and decision making
- Diagnostic role plays
- What’s your negotiation style?
- What is a negotiation?
A negotiation process
- Introducing PODD
- Negotiating checklist
- Considering interests and options
- Deciding on your ideal outcome, bottom line and BATNA
- Discussing criteria for fairness
- Setting the foundations
- Planning your opening
- Negotiating across cultures
- The science of persuasion (Cialdini)
- Effective questioning
- The power of listening (Ury)
- Generating options
- Reading body language
- Overcoming blocks in a negotiation
- Bargaining and trading
- Gaining their commitment
- Closing the deal
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|February 26-27||March 19-20||April 19-20|
|May 21-22||June 11-12||July 16-17|
|August 20-21||September 24-25||October 22-23|
|November 19-20||December 13-14|
Length: 2 days
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $908.43 (including GST)