This highly practical workshop introduces you to the skills needed for effective negotiations. You will learn about the five negotiating styles and practice using a simple but effective process for conducting negotiations at all levels.
Over the two days you will watch video clips, discuss real-life experiences and take part in a variety of role plays and simulations to immediately put the skills you learn into practice.
Who should attend?
Managers, executives, buyers and anyone else who negotiates.
- apply a systematic approach to having a negotiation
- achieve ‘win-win’ outcomes by collaborating with your negotiating partners
- feel more confident when negotiating
Introduction and overview
- Are you already a negotiator?
- What makes an effective negotiator?
- Bargaining vs trading
- Negotiating styles
A negotiation process
- Introducing PODD
- Role play negotiation – PODD in action
- Positions vs interests
- Giving value to your interests
- Your ideal outcome, bottom line and BATNA
- Criteria for fairness
- Laying the foundations
- Effective questioning – opening up
- Negotiating across cultures
- Generating options
- The science of persuasion
- Reading body language
- The power of listening
- Overcoming blocks in a negotiation
- Effective questioning – closing down
- Gaining their commitment
- Closing the deal
Bringing it all together
- Role play negotiation – case studies
- Self-reflection and action plan
|Public Training Dates 2019|
|January 24-25||February 27-28||March 25-26|
|April 29-30||May 27-28||June 27-28|
|July 22-23||August 22-23||September 23-24|
|October 21-22||November 25-26|
Length: 2 days
Course Fees: S$954.44 (including GST)