We all have to deal with different personalities at work. Sometimes this means having to give and receive negative feedback, handle criticism effectively and say ‘no’ to people even when we don’t want to.
This important course is designed to help you be more assertive in challenging interpersonal situations at work. It’s about feeling confident, building rapport with your colleagues and customers and working together to achieve win-win solutions.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to communicate with confidence and build strong and lasting relationships with others.
- Know the differences between aggressive, passive and assertive behaviour
- Explore ways to influence people, especially when raising issues
- Be able to deal with criticism more effectively
Introduction and Overview
- What is assertiveness?
- How assertive are you?
- What makes us passive or aggressive?
- The WIN process
Examining Wants and Needs
- Defining and analysing wants and needs
- A difficult situation from your workplace
- The 3 Vs of assertive communication
- Giving negative feedback in an assertive way
- Controlling your emotions
- Assertiveness techniques
- Accepting your errors
- Broken record
- Your assertiveness case study
- Planning ahead
|Public Training Dates 2017|
|October 25||November 15||December 6|
|Public Training Dates 2018|
|January 31||March 7||May 28||June 6|
|July 4||August 1||September 19||October 10|
|November 28||December 12|
Length: 1 day
Maximum group size: 16
Course Fees: $636.65 (including GST)